Move-in day is right around the corner, and there are things you need to do to make sure your new home is ready for you. Use this simple checklist from experienced movers to better navigate your move.
- Have a backup plan. It is essential to have a backup plan in case a delay occurs that is outside your control. Spot a local hotel or short-term rental in advance. You should also keep a list of important contact information, including the moving company’s and the actual movers’.
- Update the address. Do not forget to contact the post office and update your address. You might also want to inform your family and friends about your change of address.
- Schedule a cleaning appointment. Have your new home cleaned before the move-in day. Or if you live nearby, you can clean the house on your own.
- Reserve storage near the new home. Renting a storage unit is an easy solution should you and your home movers need extra time to move your belongings into your new home.
- Transfer utilities. Before you arrive at your new home, make sure to call your utility companies to turn on your electricity, gas and water. You should also call your internet provider to request that your internet be connected on the move-in day.
- Arrive at the new home before the movers. You will want to oversee the move and answer any questions your movers may have about the arrangements at home. They need to know exactly where to set up bed frames or which boxes of clothes go where. Make sure there are no hindrances, such as locked doors or blocked pathways, to ensure the success of your move.
Tiger Moving & Storage is a leading source of professional moving services throughout New Jersey. Our moving experts are more than ready to help you start your new life. Just give us a call at (888) 227-6642, or fill out our online form to get in touch with our team.