Moving to a new home is a highly detail-oriented task. Imagine relaxing in your newly renovated or purchased home only to remember that you forgot to pack a highly essential item like your employment documents during the process. Not only is the situation frustrating, it can also be costly as you attempt to track down your lost items.
To help you avoid this dilemma, professional movers list five important things you need to pack when moving:
1. Medicine: Medication is easily forgotten because it’s often stored in small containers that can easily get misplaced. Remember to pack all your essential medicine in one box that’s easily accessible.
2. Important Documents: Birth certificates, passports, work contracts, bank statements, tax receipts and auto insurance policies are only some of the important documents you should never forget when moving to a new house. Prepare a clear binder or envelope where you can compile essential documents relating to your identity, employment and finances.
3. Clothes at the Dry Cleaner: Items that are not in your house are easy to forget when packing before your home movers arrive, so make sure to collect your belongings that you may have left elsewhere, like the dry cleaner.
4. Items from Storage Areas: Remember to check your garage, basement and attic for tools and other materials that you still need. These areas in your home are storage spaces for excess items, so take this as an opportunity to separate essential stuff from non-essential.
5. Toiletries: Bathroom items such as shampoo, bath gel, toothpaste and toothbrush are typically the last things people pack before leaving their home permanently. Be sure that these things are secured before the moving day arrives and moving experts knock on your door.
Planning to move out of your old place and settle in a more beautiful home? Tiger Moving & Storage is here to make your life easier! We provide a wide range of professional moving services to residential and commercial property owners in New Jersey. Give us a ring at (973) 227-5250 or submit our convenient contact form to start a conversation with one of our specialists.