Moving is never an easy choice, but many businesses must relocate at least once because of evolving demands. Whether you’re moving due to rapid expansion, needing a better location or expanded market reach, it’s all too easy to become lost in the paperwork and cardboard boxes that pile up throughout this process while you’re still running your business.
This basic to-do list will help you get started with your office move.
1. Create a moving folder. This is the first step to getting everything organized before the actual move. Make this master folder accessible in one convenient location. Use subfolders for your spreadsheets, checklists, timelines, business details and other important documents.
2. Assess inventory. Check all of your office supplies, equipment and furniture, and determine which of the items for each category are deemed useful and worth packing for the upcoming move. The rest of the items that didn’t make the cut may either be sold, donated or recycled. Do this early, and you may be able to obtain an accurate quote from your local moving experts.
3. Notify everyone involved. Inform employees and staff about the upcoming move. Instead of sending out an email, schedule a face-to-face meeting so that everyone can ask questions or raise concerns. Make sure to notify your business clients and partners as well. Do this a few weeks before the scheduled move.
4. Walk through everything with potential movers. Before hiring a moving company, make sure to conduct a walkthrough on both your current and new offices with a few of your prospects. This way, they can estimate the number of moving personnel, trucks and the amount of supplies that will be needed for the job. It also helps them better understand the things that can be expected during moving day. From there, the prospective movers can provide you with estimates.
5. Hire your preferred moving company. After comparing quotes, it’s time to hire the moving company that matches your needs. Be sure the one you selected not only offers a detailed estimate – they should also be highly reputed in the local community for their professional services and carry the necessary insurance.
Looking for professional New Jersey movers? Turn to Tiger Moving & Storage! We are a family-owned moving company capable of handling all the details, from packing and storage to transportation, to provide you with a streamlined moving process that will get you up and running at your new location as quickly as possible. Expect us to design a relocation package for you and deliver the experienced personnel and excellent customer service you need for a smooth transition.
Give us a call at (888) 227-6642, or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.